Learn more & stay updated
Get involved in our advocacy center
- Know the issues. Join the conversation. Make a Difference
- From the beginning, the League was an activist, grassroots organization whose leaders believed that citizens should play a critical role in advocacy.
- Today's members are women and men; any citizen aged 18 or older can join. Members may join through any level of the League, and with membership comes the opportunity to work on local, state, regional and national public policy issues.
- The League of Women Voters believes that efficient and economical government requires competent personnel, the clear assignment of responsibility, adequate financing, and coordination among the different agencies and levels of government.
- The League's impact is felt at all levels of government: local, state and national.
- The League helps citizens ensure that their voices are heard at the local, state and national levels through coalition building around shared issues.
- The League encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
- We are proud that the League remains nonpartisan, neither supporting nor opposing candidates at any level of government, but always working on issues of concern to members and the public.
- The League's work is based on the belief that citizens who have well researched and unbiased information will make wise decisions for their communities and their nation.
The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
In the news
Safeguarding Judicial Impartiality
The League of Women Voters firmly believes that a fair & impartial justice system is a critical part of a democracy.
League of Women Voters of Georgia |
100 Edgewood Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
(p) 404.522.4LWV (4598)